- Awards & Rankings
- Chronic diseases
- Digital health
- Elderly care
- France's attractiveness
- Infectious diseases
- Pharma & Biotech
For more than 50 years, the Prix Galien USA have been rewarding the best innovations in pharmaceuticals, medtechs and biotechs. Regarded as the equivalent to the Nobel prize for the pharmaceutical industry, the Prix Galien honors unique solutions and individuals who have influenced healthcare in 6 categories: Biotech, Pharma, Medtech, Digital Health, Incubators and Startups.
Among the different categories, the Prix Galien Startup rewards innovators from the American and French ecosystems who developed innovative scientific and therapeutics projects. Previously called Prix Galien Medstartup, it is the result of nearly 10 years of cooperation between the Galien Foundation and Business France. It takes place during the Galien Forum and has 3 core goals:
- Strengthen commercial partnerships bridging the traditional silos between government, industry, and academia.
- Support French and American innovators.
- Promote cross-border trade, jobs, and economic growth.
To be eligible for the Prix Galien Startup, 3 main criteria must be met:
- Demonstrate an innovative product with a social impact
- Generate more than 500K€ revenue/year OR have raised more than 500K€ in fundings
- Generate less than 20M€ revenue/year, (funds raised can be over 20M€)
Companies can submit their application in 3 sub-categories:
- Digital Health
The winners will be announced during the Galien Week of Innovation, on October 27th, 2022. The laureates will have the honor to receive their award during the Gala at the National History Museum. On the same day, they will also meet major Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medtech companies, insurances, patient associations, as well as investors to discuss new partnerships opportunities. The startups will also be able to attend conferences, webinars, and panels with influent healthcare leaders.
collaboration projects signed so far
M$ raised funds since the first edition in 2013