- Chronic diseases
- Pharma & Biotech
The Biotech Booster Acceleration Program organized by Business France encourages the international development of French innovations in healthcare to improve the patient’s access to disrupting new therapies.
Biotech Booster is a 3-step startup acceleration program for French companies in the field of Biotechnologies willing to develop in North America.
French companies in healthtech, 42% of which are in biotech
in 5 companies has at least one subsidiary abroad
healthtech companies listed on the Euronext markets in Europe, including 75 French companies, representing a total stock market listing of nearly €60 billion.
% of French healthtech partnerships are with international players
1st step – SELECTION (April 2022| Virtual)
- Pitch and Q&A session in front of a panel of North American experts including Biotech, Big Pharma, Centers of Excellence/Hospitals & Investors.
- Experts & Mentors: a jury of North American experts will select the companies participating to steps 2 & 3 of the program. These experts will support the delegation throughout the program.
- Laureates awards day (Paris): evening bringing together the French Biotech ecosystems with the presence of North Americans stakeholders.
2nd step – BOOTCAMP – WORKSHOPS (June 2022 | Virtual)
- Workshops: learning sessions with North American experts regarding Pitch & Positioning, Regulatory & FDA, Market Access, Marketing & Communication, Fund Raising, Negotiation and Implantation.
- Coaching & Personalized 1:1 sessions with the aim to refine the participants’North-American strategy, as well as their product & solution presentations. They will be supported by regulatory, market access and communication experts.
- Feedback Meetings: pitch training during 1:1 meetings with Centers of Excellence/Hospitals Big Pharma & Investors.
3rd step – ROADSHOW (September 2022 | Boston & Montreal)
- Business meetings to present the participants’ innovation to the North American market during B2B meetings with potential targeted clients, partners, decision-makers and KOLs from Biotech, Big Pharma, Centers of Excellence/Hospitals & Investors.
- Network & Pitch opportunity to gain visibility during events networking, pitch contests.
- Visits & Meetings todiscover major U.S. and Canadian stakeholders
2022 Selection Committee
The North American Selection Committee (USA & Canada) evaluates French startups during Pitch Session and selects the companies that will participate to the next steps (Bootcamp Workshops & Business Roadshow).
These experts also support companies and play a key role during the program.
- Gabriela APIOU – Director Strategic Alliances at Massachusetts General Hospital Research Institute
- Katie BODNER – Associate at 5AM Ventures
- Khadija ELABID BASHLLARI – Senior Manager, Program and Alliance Management at Moderna
- Kareem REDA – Chief Business Officer at ElevateBio
- Brock REEVE – Executive Director at Harvard Stem Cell Institute
- Julie YANG – VP at Bain Capital Life Sciences